- to examine how the scientific and technological developments are percolating into educational systems at the levels of primary and secondary education (University education is not included in the Workshop program);
- to discuss the relation between science education and scientific information of the public
- to analyze the reasons why good science education is needed for all;
- to identify and understand the difficulties which prevent it;
- to discuss the responsability of the science community itself in this process and suggest novel actions;
- to examine the impact of the information world and techniques on science education;
- to collect and discuss examples of successfull actions throughout the world, whether in developed countries or emerging ones.
- Finally, the Workshop should conclude with Recommendations.